These two Atari titles are shaping up very nicely
Thu, 8 December 2005
Email the Author
These two upcomming titles from Atari are looking great. Get Up has some excellent concepts and looks pretty incredible graphically. For some real graphical power though, check out Test Drive Unlimited for Xbox 360. Wow. It seems that racing/driving game fans are in for some rockin' times when old Bill's new console reaches our shores.Get Up. PS2/Xbox/PC
For more info, screenshots and some fantastic videos (which will probably make you want a copy of each game right away) go to Atari Australia & NZ's website. You can find Getting Up here and Test Drive Unlimited here.
Release date: 17/02/06
Play as Trane, a "toy" graffiti artist with the street smarts, athletic prowess and vision to become an "All City King" - the most reputable of all graffiti artists. Along your quest, uncover the mayor's deep, dark secret and use your fighting talents and high-wire graf to expose the city's leader as a corrupt tyrant.
As you struggle to save a neighborhood from an oppressive government, one question stands out: What if graffiti could change the world? Risk your life battling city authorities and rival graf gangs, mere obstacles in your attempt to get your tag up. And in this city, not just any tag will do. You'll have to "Get IN, Get UP and Get OUT".
• A revolutionary storyline written by Marc Ecko
• World-renowned hip-hop artist Talib Kweli as the voice of Trane
• Fighting mechanics that combine kicking, grappling and punching, along with improvised weaponry
• A groundbreaking graffiti gameplay system, designed to sharpen your skills as you tag with Aerosol, Rollers, Markers, Wheat Paste, Stickers and Stencils
• Eleven distinct city environments, with 20 gameplay levels
• Unique 'Intuition' system, allowing you to find ideal places to tag
• Authentic tags from more than 50 real-life graffiti artists, six of whom appear in-game as mentors
• A digital 'black book' to store unlocked tags and graf images
• Trane's Abilities include:
Combat -Master a unique fighting technique and use improvised weapons
Graffiti - Create tags in pressure situations, using multiple skills and styles
Intuition - Follow your sixth sense to find the best spots to tag
Sneak Mode - Infiltrate areas and avoid capture as you creep silently through the city
Navigation - Utilize a unique guidance system to 'get up' and tag
Test Drive Unlimited. Xbox 360
Release date: 28/03/06
Test Drive® Unlimited is the only game that immerses you into the car and bike enthusiast lifestyle, with total freedom to race however and wherever you want within a huge, online-persistent environment. Visit the most sophisticated car and bike dealers to purchase new vehicles or simply take them for a spin.
Collect and trade rare performance parts and customize each vehicle to make it one-of-a-kind. Test Drive® Unlimited challenges players online to experience the most exotic and fastest vehicles on more than 1000 miles of diverse Hawaiian roads. Gamers win races, challenges, missions and tournaments to earn credits and purchase new cars, bikes, rare performance parts, clothes, apparel, homes and garages.
• Test Drive Unlimited is redefining the racing genre online. The seamless online connection offers unlimited new challenges, opponents and competitions as well as monthly additions of vehicles, aftermarket parts, clothes and apparel;
• More than 125 licensed vehicles from exclusive manufacturers including Lamborghini, Ducati, Aston Martin, Mercedes, Saleen, Shelby, and Jaguar;
• Realistic cars and bikes: Amazing render quality and unrivalled interior details including full car functions such as radio, electric windows, horn, wipers and more;
• Create your own challenges or races on 1000 miles of open Hawaiian roads from more than 50 game rules and settings. Upload your created challenges online to become part of the player community;
• Personalization: Upgrade each car or bike with options from the actual manufacturers' catalog. Players create characters, buy new homes and garages, and tune and upgrade vehicles with aftermarket parts;
• A gathering of communities: Players can create or join a club to talk, chat, trade, race or organize club-based competitions and tournaments;
• Simplified match making and division based rankings make this game the most comprehensive and accessible online racing experience;
• Extracurricular activities such as expanding your garage, getting clothes and fashion accessories for your avatar, helping hitchhikers catch planes, picking up girls, chasing car thieves, and escaping from a psychopath
Email the Author
More articles by Hillelman