Exclusive publishing deal secured.
Mon, 26 December 2005
Email the Author
Melbourne, Australia, 22nd December, 2005 - THQ Asia Pacific Pty Ltd., a subsidiary of THQ Inc. (NASDAQ: THQI), today announced an exclusive publishing deal for AFL Premiership, on the Xbox® video game system from Microsoft and AFL Premiership 2005 for the Windows PC platforms.
AFL Premiership is the next generation of interactive AFL gaming. A completely new engine allows for more realistic player models, fantastic stadium environments and all the bone-crunching action of the real thing.
"We are delighted to add AFL Premiership to our release schedule this year. AFL is one of Australia's most treasured pastimes, and THQ is very proud to be playing a part in it," said Martin Good, Vice President, Asia Pacific Publishing, THQ. "Especially now that the Xbox AFL Premiership game includes the latest AFL statistics concluding the '05 season, this will surely heighten this uniquely Australian interactive experience."
David McLean, Regional Director of Microsoft Home Entertainment Division also commented, "AFL Premiership on Xbox gives AFL fans the most authentic recreation of the sport available. Thanks to the power of Xbox, this version buries you deeper in the game than ever before with incredibly lifelike audio and visuals. Appropriately for this truly national game, the integration of Xbox Live support allows gamers to tackle mates across the country with the best online games service available."
|A romantic night out |
Features in AFL Premiership Include:
* Career Mode: Player Trading, National AFL Draft & Player Career Development
* Rough Play: All the hits, crunches & hard tackles of a real AFL game
* Multiplayer: Xbox Live® Support for up to four players
*New Stadiums: Eight highly detailed football stadiums, including Stadium Australia. Every stadium features 3D crowds and realistic weather effects
*AFL Tribunal: In-Game reports and suspensions
* Player Models: High detail player models, including long & short sleeve jumpers, gloves, bandages and custom boots
* AFL Video: Highlights of the best goals, marks & hits of the 2004 AFL Season
* Great AI: Multiple coaching strategies and realistic player movement
* Control System: Fade kicks left & right, snap overhead, all-new marking, tackling and ruck control
* Commentary: Denis Cometti & Dermott Brereton provide expert commentary
* Xbox Exclusive: Fully updated 2005 season statistics
AFL Premiership for Xbox, and AFL Premiership 2005 for Windows PC are available now.
Email the Author
More articles by Hillelman